Better Child Care is a non-profit sponsoring organization for the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).  The CACFP, funded by the United States Department of Agriculture and administered by the State Board of Education in Illinois, was created to address the nutritional needs of children in child care.  Our agency sponsors the Child and Adult Care Food Program in Illinois for licensed day care home providers and license-exempt CCAP participating day care home providers.  We provide nutritional training, support and cash reimbursement to day care providers in 22 counties in west-central Illinois.      




Our website is an informational website for all day care providers with links to specific forms and program information for providers participating on the CACFP through our agency.  Our Services link will show you what we offer.  Current and previous year CACFP meal reimbursement rates are on the Reimbursement Rates page.  Click on the Meal Requirements page to take you to links to the CACFP Meal Pattern Chart and the Grains/Breads Chart.  You can access the Infant Meal Chart and links to more infant crediting information on the Infants page.   Better Child Care providers should be able to find most forms they need on the Forms and Resources page.  Find important information on the Updates & Policies page.  Parents and providers alike should enjoy the Recipes & Activities page.  Don’t forget to check out the link on that page for more ideas.  Better Child Care providers can keep on top of required training on the Provider Training page.  And our last page, Links, has links to many useful resources.  . 




A CACFP Sponsor For Day Care Homes In Illinois

Better Child Care, Inc.

Text Box: ATTENTION BCC PROVIDERS  - Payments for September 2016 meal claims and late August meal claims were issued/mailed October 24, 2016.

This site was updated on 10/24/16

Better Child Care, Inc.

PO Box 99

Jacksonville, IL  62651-0099

To contact us:

Phone: 217/245-0949 or 1-800/659-0898

Fax: 217/245-6111


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,

color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


(1)         mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


(2)         fax: (202) 690-7442; or


(3)         email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Free Web Site Counters